Mystic Tan Spray Tanning
Mystic Tan Preparation
- Exfoliate your skin- Exfoliating your skin removes dry, dead skin cells which allows the sunless spray to absorb deeply into your skin and oxidize to a brilliant cocoa bronze color. We suggest using our exfoliating body scrub on the morning of the day you plan on doing a Mystic Tan.
- Avoid using bar soaps, and high pH shower products. Using these products can dry out your skin and neutralize the bronzing effect of the DHA sunless spray.
- Any shaving or waxing should be done the day BEFORE your Mystic Tan.
- Remove all make-up prior to your Mystic Tan.
- Be sure you bring or wear dark, loose fitting clothing to your Mystic Tan session.
Mystic Tan Aftercare
- Avoid Water for the first 6 - 12 hours. We suggest waiting a minimum of 6 hours before showering or bathing but ideally waiting 12 hours will give your Mystic Tan the best chance of developing to its darkest potential.
- Avoid sweating for the first 6 -12 hours.
- Do not apply any lotions, creams, or perfumes until after your first shower.
- After your first shower, we recommend using Mystic Life tan extending lotion.
Spray Tanning FAQs
Q: What is the Mystic Tan Booth?
A: The Mystic Tan™ booth is a private, self-contained unit that applies a uniform amount of a DHA sunless solution resulting in a natural looking tan that develops over the course of several hours.
Q: What should I wear in the Mystic Tan Booth?
A: Most people do not wear anything. The room is completely private and by wearing nothing you will receive the best all-over tan with no tan lines. However, if you do choose to wear a swimsuit or undergarments while in the Mystic tan booth, please be aware that the bronzers used in the solution may stain your clothes. This usually will come out after washing, but to be on the safe side you may want to wear a swim suit or undergarments that are darker in color.
Q: How long do I have to wait after a Mystic Spray Tan before I can shower?
A: We recommend that you wait 6-12 hours to allow the DHA enough to time to develop. Showering before the recommended time will result in your tan being more subtle in color.
Q: Will the Mystic Tan make me look ‘orange’?
A: No, not at all! 20 million tans can’t be wrong. In the past, most self-tanners were creams and lotions that were applied by hand, which often times meant inconsistent coverage. However, the Mystic Tan uses MagneTan™ technology, a process that allows the particles of solution to adhere evenly to the skin to create a smooth, natural-looking bronze tan.
Q: How long will my Mystic Tan last?
A: On average, your tan will last approximately 5-7 days. The life of your tan is affected by your skin’s own natural exfoliation process. By following a good skin care regimen both before and after your spray tan, you can help extend the life of your tan and keep it to look its best.
Q: How many Mystic Tan sessions will I need to achieve the color I want?
A: You will be tan after one session, but it may take additional sessions to achieve your desired color.
Q: Can I Get a Mystic Spray Tan if I’m pregnant?
A: Yes, expectant mothers are able to get a Mystic Tan, however we suggest you first check with your physician just to make sure.
Q: If I get a Mystic Tan, can I still tan in a tanning bed or out in the sun?
A: Yes. Many Mystic tan users have found that tanning in a bed followed by a Mystic session gives them a better overall tan. If you do plan to tan in both our beds and the Mystic Tan booth in the same day, we suggest using the bed first.